Terms and Conditions
In this document: ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means KG Migration & Education Pty Ltd (KGME) and/or the Registered Migration Agent(s) and/or the Qualified Education Counsellor(s) employed by us; whilst ‘you’ and ‘your’ means the client(s) to whom we have agreed to provide the below services.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR REGISTERED MIGRATION AGENTS
1. We undertake to adhere to the Code of Conduct for registered migration agents (the Code), which is prescribed by Schedule 2 of the Migration Agents Regulations 1998 (Cth).
2. The Code regulates the conduct of Registered Migration Agents (RMAs), and its purpose is to protect clients of RMAs, and to strengthen the integrity of the immigration advice industry along with Australia’s immigration system.
3. We will provide a copy of the Code to you upon request. The Code is also available online at www.mara.gov.au.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
4. You are engaging our services for an Education Consultation.
5. The services are to be provided by our RMA(s) and/or Qualified Education Counsellor(s).
6. The Education Consultation will take place in a manner and place as specified in the Consultation Confirmation email, which will be emailed to you once you have made your booking.
7. The duration of the Education Consultation is strictly up to 20-minutes.
8. The purpose of the Education Consultation is to provide you an overview of the various study options in Australia and discuss Student visa application requirements. We will provide you an overview of the various courses available, the minimum entry requirements, fees etc.
NOTE: The Education Consultation is strictly limited to discussing matters related to studying in Australia. If you have questions about other visas, then please book one of our Migration Consultations instead.
9. We will endeavour to respond to any questions you have, including consider whether we can provide the relevant assistance to you, and give you general information about your options, along with the processes and likely costs involved.
NOTE: We may NOT be able to provide detailed assistance to you at your initial Education Consultation. We also do not provide any document checklist or templates to you during our consultations (these will be provided to you if you choose to engage our services for the enrolment and Student visa application processes).
10. If you choose to engage our services for your selected course enrolment with one of our partnered education institutions for a minimum of two (2) year study, then we will waive our professional fee for the Student visa application process (all other fees will still be applicable).
11. There is no fee applicable to the initial Education Consultation.
12. Should you wish us to assist you in pursuing your chosen option, we will then invite you to formally engage our services. We will send you an Agreement that describes the services that we will provide, along with any fees and costs involved.
13. If you require further advice and assistance following our initial Education Consultation, including have additional questions regarding the matters discussed during the consultation and/or are seeking advice with respect to any migration / visa related matters, including wish us to conduct a full assessment of your eligibility for any given visa, then you must first enter into a formal agreement with us, as required by law (please refer to section 43 of the Code, which prohibits agents from providing immigration assistance to clients (unless this occurs during an initial consultation) without a signed service agreement in force).
14. Here you can find the Consumer Guide issued by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA), which we adhere to. This explains our professional obligations as RMAs, including our responsibility to be honest about your chances of obtaining a visa, to provide correct advice and to act in accordance with the law.
15. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information and documents that you provide before, during and after your consultation are kept confidential and secure, in accordance with our professional and legal obligations.
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING
16. If you have to cancel or reschedule your Education Consultation, you must so do at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment time. All cancellations must be made through our online booking system.