Agreement to Provide Migration Services
Terms and Conditions
30-Minute Migration Consultation
These Terms and Conditions govern your relationship with us relating to the migration services provided by us (please see "Services to be provided" below). You acknowledge that you will be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon booking the Consultation with us.
In this document: ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means KG Migration & Education Pty Ltd (KGME) and/or the registered migration agent(s) employed by us; whilst ‘you’ and ‘your’ means the client(s) to whom we have agreed to provide the below services.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR REGISTERED MIGRATION AGENTS
We undertake to adhere to the Code of Conduct for registered migration agents (the Code), which is prescribed by Schedule 2 of the Migration Agents Regulations 1998 (Cth). The Code regulates the conduct of registered migration agents (RMAs), and its purpose is to protect clients of RMAs, and to strengthen the integrity of the immigration advice industry along with Australia’s immigration system.
We will provide a copy of the Code to you upon request. The Code is also available online at www.mara.gov.au.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
1. You are engaging our services for a 30-Minute Migration Consultation.
2. The services are to be provided by our principal RMA Kristi Georgeson (MARN 1793357).
3. The 30-Minute Migration Consultation will take place at a time and place as specified in the Consultation Confirmation email, which will be emailed to you once you have made your booking through Calendly.
4. The duration of the consultation is strictly up to 30-minutes.
5. In the event the consultation lasts longer than the scheduled 30 minutes, we have the right to charge you an hourly rate of AUD $200.00 (plus GST) charged on 15-minute units for any time spent at the consultation after the scheduled 30 minutes.
6. At your 30-Minute Migration Consultation you will have the opportunity to describe your current circumstances and your migration goals, including ask us any migration related questions. We will endeavour to respond to any questions you have, including consider whether we can provide migration assistance to you, and give you general information about your options, along with the processes and likely costs involved.
If you are looking options for migrating or remaining in Australia, then we are unable to guarantee that you have any such options available to you. Additionally, we will bear no responsibility for any changes to immigration law that occur after your meeting with us and that may materially impact your eligibility to migrate to Australia.
NOTE: We are NOT able to provide detailed migration assistance to you at your initial consultation. We also do NOT provide any document checklist or templates to you during our consultation (these will be provided to you if you choose to engage our services for a particular application).
7. After the consultation, we will send you an overview of any potential migration options we discussed with you during our meeting. Our email includes general information on the criteria and process for the relevant visa (or other immigration matter), along with an estimate of our professional fees and the relevant authority fees to assist you with the relevant application process.
8. You acknowledge that our Consultation will be restricted to a 30-minute time frame meaning that we may not be able to cover all matters relevant to your situation; or alternatively, you may have additional questions following our Consultation.
If you require further migration advice and assistance following our 30-Minute Migration Consultation, including have additional questions regarding the matters discussed during the consultation and/or are seeking advice with respect to any further migration / visa related matters, including wish us to conduct a full assessment of your eligibility for any given visa, then you must either book a new consultation time with us, or alternatively enter into a formal agreement with us, as required by law (please refer to section 43 of the Code, which prohibits agents from providing immigration assistance to clients (unless this occurs during an initial consultation) without a signed service agreement in force).
9. Should you wish us to assist you in pursuing your chosen migration option, we will then invite you to formally engage our services. We will send you an Agreement that describes the services that we will provide, along with the professional fees and other costs involved.
10. The Consultation Fee is a fixed fee of AUD $190 (incl. GST).
Your booking will be secured only once you have made the payment in full.
11. The Consultation Fee must be deposited to our Clients’ Account immediately once the booking has been made and confirmation of payment must be emailed to us. Payment details are included in the Consultation Confirmation email, which will be emailed to you via Calendly once you have made the booking.
We will be emailing you a payment receipt upon receiving the payment of the Consultation Fee from you. The payment receipt confirms your Consultation booking.
12. If the Consultation Fee is not deposited in full to our nominated bank account within 24 hours from making the booking (including you fail to send us confirmation of payment within that timeframe), then your booking will be cancelled without notice.
13. We will hold all fees paid in advance in the Clients’ Account. After the consultation, we will issue you an invoice setting out the services performed, a fee for the services and will withdraw the fees from the Clients’ Account.
14. Please note that refunds are offered in line with cancellation and rescheduling policies (please see "Cancellation / Rescheduling" below). All fees associated with any refund will be your responsibility and deducted from the amount refundable to you.
15. Here you can find the Consumer Guide issued by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA), which we adhere to. This explains our professional obligations as RMAs, including our responsibility to be honest about your chances of obtaining a visa, to provide correct advice and to act in accordance with the law.
16. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information and documents that you provide before, during and after your consultation are kept confidential and secure, in accordance with our professional and legal obligations.
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING
17. If you wish to cancel or reschedule your booking, then you must do so at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
18. The cancellation or rescheduling must be done using the cancellation and rescheduling links in your Consultation Confirmation / Reminder emails sent via Calendly.
19. In the event you decide to cancel or reschedule your booking within 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time, you will be charged an administrative fee of AUD $50 for the cancellation / rescheduling.
20. In the event you decide to cancel or reschedule your booking within less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time, or you do not appear for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged the full 30-Minute Migration Consultation fee of AUD $190.
21. In the event the Consultation booking is cancelled by us, you will be entitled either to reschedule your booking or for a full refund.