Tourist and Business Visitor
If you are planning to visit Australia for a short holiday; to visit friends and family, or for business visitor purposes, you need to apply for a visitor visa.
Working Holiday Makers
Working Holiday and Work and Holiday visa allow young adults (aged 18 to 30 / 35 for limited countries) from eligible partner communities to work in Australia to have an extended holiday.
Student visa allows the holder to participate in an eligible course of study in Australia.
Temporary Graduate visa
International students, who have graduated from an eligible course in Australia, might be eligible to apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa shortly after their studies. This visa allows the holder to live, work and study in Australia temporarily.
You can consider applying for either temporary or permanent employer sponsorship, if you have:
- the relevant skills and qualifications;
- an employer who is willing to sponsor you; and
- meet the other requirements for the particular visa subclass.
General Skilled Migration
You may consider applying for either temporary or permanent visa in the general skilled migration visas category, if you:
- have an occuaption in the relevant skilled occupations list;
- have a suitable skills assessment;
- receive an invitation to apply; and
- meet the points test.
Prospective Marriage and Partner visas
If you are engaged to; or married to; or in a de facto relationship (including same sex relationships) with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be able to move permanently to Australia using one of the partner migration category visas.
New Zealand citizens and family members
New Zealand citizens can apply for a Special Category visa (SC 444) when entering Australia. On 1 July 2017, an additional pathway for permanent residency was introduced for New Zealand citizens. As SC 444 visa holders, New Zealand citizens can sponsor their family members to migrate to Australia.
- are a permanent resident of Australia at the time of application;
- meet the residence requirements;
- are of good character;
- have a basic knowledge of the English language;
- intend to reside or maintain a close and continuing association with Australia; and
- have an adequate knowledge of the responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship;
you may be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.